Sorry you missed it…
Enrollment for IGNITE Freelance Business Membership is currently closed. Get on the VIP waitlist and be the FIRST to know when we re-open enrollment.
Be who you were created to be.
I love being a freelancer because it allows me to be my best self, integrating my skills, talents, experience and passions while serving clients I love. It allows me the freedom to spend time on what matters most to me—my family.
In 2005, I took my past experience and passion— left my corporate, 9-to-5 cubicle—and launched a freelance design agency. Through many years of mistakes and learning hard lessons, my freelance business grew. Now, my annual revenues are consistently over 6-figures—year over year.
I have built my freelance business in a small, rural town of 650 people—50 minutes south of Kansas City, Kansas. (we do have really good internet)
I created IGNITE to show creative professionals like you how to discover your potential, ignite your passion and launch your talent as a freelancer.
I want to save you precious time, frustration and guesswork by sharing with you all of the businesses lessons, insight, tips and tricks that I’ve learned over the past 25 years.
“Every meeting with IGNITE pays for itself many times over!”
Meet Lucy: artist, educator and IGNITE member
The Freelance World Is Exploding
We’re in the middle of what I call the “FREELANCE REVOLUTION”
The world is changing and freelancing is now becoming mainstream. What used to be a handful of individuals telecommuting has now become the new normal.
Businesses have been forced to adjust to the gig economy (now containing 60 million workers) which is making it increasingly more difficult to find in-house employees.
Our economy and commerce as we know it is forever changing due to technology and the growth of online business.
For the first time in modern history, wealth is leaving the dominance of the corporate environment and is shifting to and being distributed among a new economy of small business owners and entreprenuers.
As freelance business owners, individuals like you and me can find new freedom in this emerging economy.
The opportunity is now to be able to do the work we love, for whomever we want, from wherever we want.
One year of IGNITE costs as much as just ONE hour of college credit ($594.46)
Packed with revenue-generating information you won’t learn in design school!
What Design School Won’t Teach You:
- How to find a customer that is a good fit for you
- How to price your product for profit
- How to manage projects and workflow
- How to budget your time and resources
- How to control your expenses
- How to write proposals and estimates
- How to generate recurring-revenue
- How to market your skills and services
- How to manage your tax and IRS responsibilities
The IGNITE Freelance Business Membership WILL!
(for less than the cost of one hour of college credit)
Before you go any further…
Starting a freelance business (or any business) requires you to make some shifts into new ways of thinking. The old way of doing business means you post your portfolio on your website or social page and pray someone sees it and contacts you. But hoping customers see you and buy is stressful, exhausting and unpredictable.
That’s why I’m pumped that you are interested in IGNITE.
What I will teach you will help you build your business in a way that makes finding clients easier. By simply changing the way you think about your skills and talents, I will help you have the confidence to keep taking strategic steps that help lead to clients that love you, keep hiring you month after month and paying you the rates that you deserve EVERY SINGLE TIME.
Meet Joyce: public relations expert and IGNITE member
“IGNITE just feels like a family”
Joyce Allard Communications
What topics are covered in IGNITE?
- Getting results for your client, recurring work and referrals
- Budgeting and finances (insurance, retirement, benefits, profit)
- Taxes and legal (IP, copyright, contracts)
- Systems and productivity
- Multiple revenue streams and recurring revenue
- Identifying your unique value proposition
- Branding and promotion
- Marketing and lead generation
- Pricing and proposals
- Negotiating and winning work
What is NOT included in IGNITE?
- Wondering if you are charging the right price for your work
- Spending a lot of time figuring out the best tools to use
- Not being sure of the next step to take to grow your business
- Wondering what it would be like to work from home (or anywhere)
- The frustration of not getting consistent work
- Feeling like you have no one who can answer your questions
- The fear that you have to have all the answers to be successful
- The grind of doing it all by yourself.
- Guessing how to maximize your profit-earning potential
- Wondering how you’ll earn enough to leave your 9-to-5
IGNITE can help
As big-hearted individuals, you and I have an awesome opportunities to use our skills, talents, experiences and passions to have a lasting impact on the world. This is why I’m a freelancer and the exact reason why I created IGNITE.
“I designed a list of website packages after my session with you; right before a call with a new client. I sold him on my idea, and then showed him my three packages. Would you believe it, he picked the Cadillac! It worked just like you said! Holy cow!”
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETER & WEB DESIGNER
“The support and constant exposure to new ideas and best practices has helped me grow and improve my personal and business skills.”
SOCIAL MEDIA & WEB MANAGER
“Being a new freelancer, Mat always has valuable answers to my questions. Because of him, I now know I will be successful.”
GRAPHIC & WEB DESIGNER
“In the first 10 minutes of our coaching session, Mat identified a valuable source of traffic and leads for my business.”