Why are we here?
Are you a creative professional who wants more than the 9-to-5 can offer? Do you have a creative skill or passion that is you are bursting to share with the world? Do you desire to invest your creative potential in ways that make a difference and positive impact? And, not just in your client’s businesses, but in the people, places and organizations that share your passion and values? Have you been considering a freelance career, or been working to build an existing freelance business?
If your answer is yes, then I know how you feel.
And, I can assure you that…
- If you want to start a freelance business from scratch, or grow the existing business you already have…
- If you are a believer or a person of faith. Even if you consider yourself a spiritual person, but not religious
- If you desire to connect your creative gifts and talents with an ability to generate a profitable and prosperous life. If you want to have a positive impact on the world around you…
…then you are in the right place. This site was built for you.
My name is Mat Casner. I help creative professionals tap their inner potential to plan, launch, grow a thriving freelance business. If I’ve just described you, great! This means you can have more joy in your work, connect more deeply with your passions and build a prosperous life filled with purpose.
I’ve had the privilege of working as a graphic designer, web designer/developer, photographer, multimedia producer and webmaster for some great businesses and business owners. I would use my gifts and talents as a creative professional in their communication, marketing, branding and advertising campaigns. These businesses generated millions of dollars in revenue with my help. How much of that was I able to put into my own bank account? Not much, I’m afraid.
I was a cog in the corporate machine and my ability to have a greater impact was severely limited. Frustration became more common. I desired more control, freedom and joy as a person and a creative.
I no longer work in a cubicle—grinding through a pile of projects with crazy deadlines—for clients I never had the chance to meet. As a freelance entrepreneur, I am free to engage in the work that closely aligns with my personal goals, gifts, talents and passions. I have greater purpose and an ability to have direct impact in the causes and passions that I care most about, not just on the bottom line of the clients I serve.
Today, I am able to help people like me, have a larger impact, sharing my skills, knowledge and experience as a freelance business owner into an online format and distributing it online. (some is free, some for payment)
I Live a “Freelance Lifestyle”, And You Can Too
My life is incredibly blessed. I run my business so that I can enjoy the benefits of the “freelance lifestyle”. I am able to run a business that suits me and my life, not a life that suits the work that I do. Believe me, the difference is real and the choice is too.
I run my business with a tiny staff (just me, my wife Regina plus a few other freelancers). It is aligned with our values as followers of Christ, and are passionate to make an impact on the world around us.
I am blessed to be married to my best friend and beautiful health guru, Regina Casner. We have four wonderful teenage children, a dog and a cat. We live in a small, rural town in Kansas where the sunsets are gorgeous and life is peaceful.
3 Ways I Can Help You For Free
I’m guessing this might be your first time here. Many have helped me in my life as a creative and a freelancer by simply being a listening ear and giving me great advice. I want to start our relationship with that same attitude of giving. I give away a ton of free and helpful content online. To start, I want to offer you three of my most popular resources that you can use to start or grow your freelance business, absolutely—100% free.
- Subscribe to my “Marketing for Freelancers” podcast. I regularly produce this podcast myself to give away free useful resources, training and expert interviews. I share valuable lessons learned from personal journeys in my life and as a freelance business builder.
- Read the blog posts on the site
- Join our Free Facebook Community and gain the benefits of being together with others who are pursuing the same journey. Connect with creatives with a wide variety of skills, talents. You never know, you might just meet your next friend or virtual teammate.
My Top Freelance Posts
Here are a few of my post popular posts that you might enjoy.